The Survivalist’s Additions Mod adds new features for primitive and tribal playthroughs.
Survivalist’s Additions Mod features
New items added
- Charcoal: Made in a charcoal pit. Used as fuel for the grill, smoker, and forge.
- Grilled Meals: Come in three varieties: Meat, Veg, and Fine. Provide a small mood bonus, but are slightly more time consuming to make.
- Curdled Milk: Milk that has been curdled with vinegar to make cheese. Made at the brewery.
- Cheese: A processed food made from milk. Has a good flavor and lasts 21 days before rotting.
- Smoked Meat: Like grilled meals, but last for 20 days before rotting.
- Smoked Cheese: Like smoked meat, but made of cheese.
- Turnip: Yields both turnips and turnip greens. Turnips last for a long time, but the greens don’t.
- Cabbage: Able to survive and grow in winter temperatures.
- Prickly Pear: Fruit from cacti.
- Turnip Salad: 5 turnip greens can be combined with 5 vegetables to make a salad.
- Cabbage Salad: 5 cabbage can be combined with 5 vegetables to make a salad.
- Vinegar: Fermented berries provide a liquid for preserving vegetables.
- Pickled Vegetables: By combining vinegar with turnips or cabbage, the food can be preserved to last indefinitely.
- Shemagh: A large cloth wrapped around the head which can cover the face when needed. Helps insulate the wearer from the elements.
- Jute Fiber: Used to make burlap fabric.
- Burlap: A scratchy fabric that can be worn at a cost to mood.
- Rimshroom: Rarely spawning mushrooms that are high in protein.
New objects added
- Grill: Alternative to the campfire for powerless meal production. Can be used to make 2 meals at a time.
- Shelter Door: Quick to open, but quick to destroy. Can only be made out of wood.
- Shelter Wall: Cheap and quick to build, but quick to destroy.
- Shelter Heater: Cheap wood heater that lasts for a night.
- Charcoal Pit: A pit dug into the ground for burning wood into charcoal.
- Smoker: Stone building that can be used to slowly cook meats and/or cheese, preserving them for a long period of time.
- Forge: Allows crafting metal weapons using charcoal.
- Bellows: Speeds up the crafting speed of the forge and charcoal pit.
- Vinegar Barrel: Allows berries to be fermented into vinegar.
- Cheese Barrel: Allows curdled milk to be made into cheese.
- Camp Table: A lightweight table for making simple things like a shemagh, salads, or pickles.
- Camp Butcher Table: A lightweight table for butchering animals.
- Snare: Used as automated hunting, will catch and kill small animals that wander into it.
- Hardy Plants: Turnips and Cabbage can be grown in colder temperatures than normal plants.
The Survivalist’s Additions Mod is compatible with the following mods:
- Medieval Times: Coal is usable in the Forge, Grilled Meals available at the Stone Hearth, other recipes added to Food Prep Station.
- SeedsPlease: Seeds added for Turnip, Cabbage, and Jute.
- Zen Garden: Saguaro Cactus can be grown in an Orchard Zone to produce Prickly Pear; Cherries, Persimmon, and Crabapple can be used to make Vinegar.
- Glowstone: Forge can be used to weld Glowstones and make Glowstone Tiles.
- Cupro’s Alloys: Forge/Crucible can be used to make alloys.
This mod is compatible with existing saves, it does not require you to start a new game.