The Rimatomics Mod is the successor to Rimushima. The 2 main features of the mod are nuclear power and energy weapons. A custom research system guides you step by step through most of the features, with certain details being left for you to figure out.
Rimatomics Mod features
- Custom step by step research system.
- Nuclear power station with cores, turbines, cooling systems and control computers.
- Upgrade components for reactor cores and all energy weapons.
- Fuel reprocessing, plutonium production, breeder upgrades.
- Fuel storage pools.
- Radiation with absorption into materials and accompanying health effects.
- Radiation detectors.
- Radiation and MOPP suits.
- Centralized weapons control console with live target tracking.
- High capacity high efficiency pulsed power containers.
- ADS – Crowd control weapon.
- Tesla coil – Short range low damage electrical weapon.
- HEL – Laser weapon designed to shoot down mortar shells.
- Obelisk – High damage high range precision laser weapon.
- Railgun – Fast artillery for extreme ranges.
- Loads of other stuff!
The nuclear power station can produce anything from kilowatts to megawatts, with options for combinations of cooling systems, turbines and multiple cores – with upgrades. To make use of such massive amounts of power, an assortment of energy weapons has been added: high energy lasers, railguns and just some good old fashioned nukes.
- Build a comms console and wait for the probe detection.
- The custom research system will guide you from there.
Rimatomics Mod Review
The Rimatomics Mod is a really well thought out and original mod that expands the end-game capabilities a lot. If you’re looking for new challenges on your advanced colony, this is a mod to consider.