The Humanoid Alien Races is a framework for the creation of new alien races in RimWorld. This is a tool for modders, it it will not add content to your game.
If you ever thought that the racial diversity in rimworld is… not that diverse, and you want to change that, you came to the right place. This framework allows to easily add new humanoid races without any C# knowledge, purely in xml.
The rest is up to your creativity: Fantasy races like Elves, Dwarves and Orks; Sci-Fi races like Asari, Klingons, Gungans eldritch beings like Deep Ones; or green skinned and leaf-sporting mutants.
If you’re planning on creating your own races with this mod and want to chat with the authors, join them on Discord.
Humanoid Alien Races features
- Custom graphics with weighted skin and hair color selection.
- Changing graphics with lifestages.
- Drawing Tails.
- Integration in the starting pawns, as well as slaves and refugees.
- Gender distribution.
- Drawsize (independent from race size).
- Support for genderless races.
- Optional immunity to aging related body problems.
- Optional forced traits.
- Customizable thoughts, with specific configurations for eating and butchering humanlikes.
- Modifiable relation chances.
- Race restricted clothing, weapons, research projects, buildings, bills and plants.
Some examples of mods that created races using this tool are: Orassans, Apini and Elder Things.
Alien Races Framework promo video
Humanoid Alien Races Review
The Humanoid Alien Races tool is a great service to the modding community for RimWorld. It makes it really simple to everyone who wants to add a new race.