Happy for many years with your lover, you had both agreed to have a grandiose wedding in space to seal your lives together until death do you part, like the customs of your home planet would have you do.
While traveling to the wedding with your significant other, the ship localisation core failed, guiding you into a rogue area. Before you could react, pirates had targeted you and made a hole in your engine, propulsing you into an asteroid field while you both tried to enter the safety pod.
With a miraculous luck, you made it inside, but… your partner was crushed in the impact against the debris, leaving you alone with a feeling of sickness in your stomach, and nothing to ease your mind but the booze and food that was reserved for your wedding’s buffet.
Broken, depressed and drunk, it’s many days later that you landed on a planet unknown to you. Alone, alone with no one else in this world.
Conditions of the challenge
- Use a random landing site.
- The starting character must survive.
- The starting character can’t get cured of alcoholism. He will refuse to at all cost. If he ever becomes clean, he will kill himself due to his horrible memories and guilt (thus failing the challenge).
- The starting character can get a new lover, but if that lover dies or breaks up with him, it will be too much and he will commit suicide (also failing the challenge).
Scenario for the Heartbroken Challenge
Your faction will be a New Arrivals. Start with 1 people, chosen from 1. Your people will be between 23 and 34 years old.
- Player starting characters have a 100% chance to start with trait: Depressive
- Player starting characters have a 100% chance to start with alcohol addiction.
- Player starting characters have a 100% chance to start with hangover.
Permanent game condition(s): Aurora: A bright aurora has lit up the sky. The undulating colors will boost the mood of anyone outside to see them.
You will start with:
- Silver x400
- Chocolate x40
- Beer x24
- Fine meal x3
The map is scattered with:
- Steel x650
- Wood x350
- Steel slag chunk x30
- Ship chunk x11