With the Hand me that brick Mod colonists assigned to Hauling will deliver resources to blueprints and construction frames. Haulers won’t actively construct if they are not assigned to construction. You may toggle this behaviour by going into Options > Mod Settings.
The original Hand Me That Brick Mod has been integrated into RimWorld since B19. However, the author of this mod thinks it still needs some small tweaks to work as intended.
Hand me that brick Mod features
- Haulers will haul to construction frames and blueprints at a higher priority:
- Vanilla: Haul to storage, then haul to construction.
- Modded: Haul to construction, then haul to storage.
- Adds a toggle for Hand Me That Brick behaviour built into the Work tab. See the images attached to this mod page for reference.
- Fixes a bug where pawns will “haul resources” to buildings that do not have a resource requirement (such as simple graves).
Preview of the Hand me that brick Mod
Here’s a video by BaRKy with a preview of the Hand me that brick Mod:
Hand me that brick Mod Review
If you feel it’s stupid that one single colonist has to do 500 trips carrying materials to build something, the Hand me that brick Mod is for you. Now other colonists assigned to hauling will help out!