RimWorld Version 1.0 instead of Beta 19
“Next version will be 1.0” –said Tynan, creator of RimWorld, on a Reddit post a few months back. But what does that mean? At this point, RimWorld developers are working on polishing the game towards its release state. Allow me to underline that this does not imply RimWorld won’t get any future updates, but they will likely be less radical than they have been up until this point. In turn, we can expect the game to be much more stable and have easier mod compatibility between updates after RimWorld 1.0.
Skipping the release of a Beta 19 and going straight to Version 1.0 is a sign that the game is almost ready for an official release. It also means that Version 1.0 will be a sizeable update and we’ll probably have to wait a little longer for this release than we did previous ones. So if you came here for the release date of RimWorld Version 1.0, you will have to check back in a few weeks!
RimWorld 1.0 features
Little has been mentioned about the new features we’ll see in RimWorld 1.0. But there are a few key points Tynan mentioned in his Reddit post that can give you an insight on what points is the team focusing on for the release of Version 1.0. Here’s a list of features we are certain to see in RimWorld 1.0:
- A complete Interface overhaul.
- A watermill power generator.
- Underwater power cables.
- Optimization on mod loading time.
- Cooks can refuel stoves even if they’re not set for hauling.
- Leather types are condensed for less assortment and rebalanced for more meaningful stats.
- Redesign of the economy for trading animals so traders buy and sell types and amounts of animals that make sense.
- Redesign and balancing of some animals. For example, the wild boar is will be a better fighter while the pig is more suited for domestic productivity.
- The doctor AI will prioritize tending people differently and not go get food while someone is bleeding to death.
- The blight texture will be bright orange so it’s easier to see.
These are only a few of the new improvements we can expect in RimWorld 1.0, out of the hundreds of other changes the team is currently working on. Stay tuned for more updates on The RimWorld Base and check back on this post in a few weeks for new features!
What was added in RimWorld Beta 18? Check out this guide to learn how RimWorld has evolved since then!