What if we were to finally discover dinosaur DNA sequences, despite being incomplete, and fill the blanks with various genome sequences spliced from left and right, with a little bit of imagination to help guide us?
Wonder no more! A group of Glitterworld scientists, having long abandoned the ideals to terraform the rimworlds with a purpose, went out of their ways to answer just that. With the mechanoids long having gone haywire with their terraforming projects, the dinosaurs created in labs were slowly introduced into fauna that should otherwise have resembled a 21st Century Earth, with little to no care as to their compatibility with existing wildlife and the forsaken rimworld colonists, the latter of which nobody seems to care about anyway.
Dinosauria Mod features
32 Dinosaurs added
The following new species of dinosaurs are introduced with the Dinosauria Mod, all of which spawn in various different biomes:
- Utahraptor (formerly Deinonychus)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex (oh yeah)
About the Dinosaurs…
- The dinosaurs are meant to be rare. Not all of them are responsive to taming attempts, and some can be pretty tough to deal with.
- Some are caravan-friendly (triceratops, for instance).
- Ever wanted a pet velociraptor? Some dinosaurs have advanced intellect.
- All of them lay eggs of various sizes.
- Some dinosaurs are drawn feathered, while others aren’t. To give a “Jurassic Park” feel, the deinonychus utahraptor was added as a featherless, and larger raptor species, although the former property is probably scientifically inaccurate. None of them are shearable though, unfortunately. Learn more about feathers in the original post.
- Colorings are not meant to be realistic and inspirations have been drawn from other artist’s sketches.
- All spawn naturally in various different biomes.
- Only the Triceratops horns and the Tyrannosaurus Rex skull drop as exotic items. May include the stegosaurus tail spikes or velociraptor feathers as additional items.
- Sexual dimorphism is mainly simulated through a simple hue shift, with some species (ie. triceratops) having slightly different sprites.
Dinosauria Mod Review
Why would different planets have evolved the same way that Earth did?
This is a very fun mod to play with, specially if you’re on a tribal gameplay. Rejoice in a world full of dinosaurs with the Dinosauria Mod!