Te Combat Readiness Check mod uses the Harmony Library to perform a new raid points calculation (library is included with the mod). Raid points are used to “buy” raiders from a list to make up the group that will raid your colony. This mod reduces the wealth percentages of certain items, which means you won’t be penalized for having that massive reserve of food or other resources, which inevitably happens when a colony becomes established. Instead, only weapons and armour add extra “readiness”.
In order for raids to continue to be challenging enough, colonists capable of fighting have a much higher point value. But because colonists are not easily acquired they are an input to the calculation that doesn’t grow too quickly. In other words, the size of raids will depend on the amount of colonists you have who can fight.
Combat Readiness Check calculation
- Wealth from weapons and armour counts at 0.25% of market value (much less for neolithic weapons).
- Wealth from other items is not counted (vanilla: 1.1% of value).
- Wealth from buildings counts at 0.15% of value (vanilla: 0.55% of value).
- Colonists by default count for 99 points instead of 40, to balance the scale.
- Colonists who have impairment to their combat ability will count for less points.
- Colonists who can’t fight at all will count for zero points.
- New! Colonists who are suffering from an infection or disease which needs bed rest will count for zero points if they haven’t developed immunity.
- Colonists who have enhanced capabilities (from bionics, trauma savant or mechanites) don’t count any more than 99 points.