The Combat Extended Mod completely overhauls combat from the ground up. It brings completely new shooting, melee and medical mechanics and drastically changes the way combat plays out. Unarmored combat is much more lethal and realistic, bullets are highly lethal. Melee fighters can use ballistic shields and score parries and critical hits against opponents. Blood loss on the battlefield is a major threat and requires medics to immediately stabilize patients. Almost every aspect of combat has been redone.
Combat Extended Mod features
For a complete list of the features added by the Combat Extended Mod, please go here.
An extension of this mod called CE Guns is available with a new selection of guns specifically designed to interact with the new Combat Extended mechanics. Load the guns expansion under the Combat Extended mod.
Since the Combat Extended Mod makes sweeping changes to the combat system it is unfortunately incompatible with any mod adding new weapons and requires a compatibility patch. Mods adding new animals also require a patch to add new Combat Extended melee verbs and body shapes to animals. Trying to shoot at an unpatched animal will produce a log error to warn you about it using the default body shape.
If you are mod creator, you will find instructions on how to make your mod compatible with Combat Extended here.
The Combat Extended Mod is known to conflict with Simple Sidearms and Medieval Times.
- Coding: NoImageAvailable, ProfoundDarkness, Alistaire, Skullywag, Killface, Skyarkhangel, Latta, Fluffy, NotFood.
- XML: BobDoleV, SeanAndJay, Papa_Borov.
- Art: A friend, Shinzy, Alistaire, stinkycat752, BobDoleV, 3DGrunge, Dark_Inquisitor.
- Translations: Latta, spoonshortage, AwesomeDOWD, Boundir.
- Special advisers: Skullywag, DaemonDeathAngel.
- Steam release: Profugo Barbatus, Skullywag.
- Compatibility patches: XeoNovaDan, Pardeike, Boundir, JetpackManiac, Valerate, Noooooo.
The Combat Extended Mod is a truly complex mod that corrects many of the battle situations that will make you wanna pull the hair out of your head in vanilla RimWorld. It simply makes fighting more realistic. I’d recommend playing RimWorld with the default settings for a while before trying out this mod, specially if you want to try out the many mods that are incompatible with it first.